Traditional FRP molded grating provides the ultimate in reliable performance, even in the most demanding conditions. Designed and used like steel or aluminum metal grating, FRP grating is manufactured for high strength and long lifespan yet is lighter weight, easier to work with and more cost effective. Today, companies are using FRP grating when replacing older, worn out or corroded steel / aluminum grating especially in industrial environments or where other types of gratings require frequent and costly replacements
In addition to its strength and durability, especially in demanding or corrosive environments, FRP grating is easy to work with and practically maintenance FREE. You don’t have to paint it because the color is included in with the resin and is part of the actual mold.
- Light Weight : FRP weighs approximately 1.8g/cm3. Compared to steel, it’s ¼ the weight and also a third less the weight than aluminum.
- High Strength : FRP is ten times stronger than rigid PVC. It’s absolute strength is much higher than aluminum, reaching the same strength level as ordinary steel.
- Corrosion Resistance : it has the ability of resisting many types of gasses and liquid corrosive medias. It does not stain, does not rust or change color and does not mold. It has the ability to withstand extreme low and high temperatures.
- Fatigue & Flexible : FRP grating has flexibility which is more comforting to walk on for long periods of time on it as a working platforms. FRP reduces the fatigue on workers legs and back tension, increasing job comfort and productivity. In fact, it was recommended by Scientists from Human Engineering.
- Comprehensive Economic Benefits: compared with ordinary carbon steel , FRP grating has a lower comprehensive cost.
- Easy Installation : FRP is light weight and it only requires hand tools to cut it to fit. It uses clips to join them together and to tie them down. When using FRP Grating, cut-outs for piping, valve access, and column penetrations can be made without the need for additional structural framing. Being of one-piece construction, the fibreglass grating performs as a plate, distributing loads throughout the fibreglass grating section and around cut-outs. Cutting access holes in the molded fibreglass grating does not weaken the panel and does not generally require additional or costly supports.
- Electrically Non-Conductive : FRP grating is non-conductive which is perfect for any electrical environment. It can also be installed in any environment including in an explosive one.
- Low Maintenance : No painting required, the color of the FRP is part of the mold and its UV Resistance. The only maintenance you may need to perform once in a while is spray if off with water to get rid of possible dirt.